Monday, February 2, 2009

s.f. wicked.

my dear sweet mother bought my sisters and i tickets to see wicked while it was here in the city. i am not going to lie, third times the charm. i saw it in chicago with emerson, l.a. with my dental girls and now in s.f. with mom, kaisa and raquel. the ladies drove out saturday morning for the saturday afternoon performance. thank heavens for safety in numbers because the walk from union square to the civic center along market street offers many cultural experiences. we saw it all. sitting through the show was a little painful being so far along, thank heavens i had on a long shirt that would hide the fact that my pants were pulled past my hips because they were cutting off my leg circulation. on our way out of the show elphaba came out the stage door and took a picture with us. she even gave me a shout out as i walked away, 'congratulations on your pregnancy, you look darling!' i have to admit, it wasn't the only congratulations i got. i probably received 5-10 on my walk down market street from homeless people. however, there's were followed by a quick request for spare change.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Fun, fun, fun! And Elphaba's right, you do look adorable!

julie said...

fun. i want to go see this someday with my mom and sisters. you guys all look cute. (..and i vote for you to post a picture of your belly before it pops...)

The Vuki Family said...

You guys need to stop having so much dang fun together. Family Smamily...How much fun! And yes, I would have to agree with the comment on a picture of your tummy! You're darling Rocia!

erin said...

I love Wicked. It weaseled it's way into my heart. I saw it in NYC 6/06. LA 1/08. I have tickets to see it here in SLC in April. And then I'll be back out to the Bay Area for a wedding at the end of May...so we hope to get tickets in SF. That will only leave Chicago. I don't think it will ever get old.

Darla said...

Hey,
at least they gave you congrats. Most people (in those highly liberal cities) smother your pet with compliments rather than your kids. Drives me nuts! Glad you had fun! I'm dying to see it!