Wednesday, September 10, 2008

things are looking up..


why must our oldest child leave at such a young age for school? my julia is the biggest helper and i didn't even realize how big of a help she is until lately. there is something strange that happens to little boys when they turn two. something only a big backyard can fix. since san francisco does not provide green grassy backyards with convenient little fences to border them, i am out of luck. being nauseated and tired does not help the situation of park hopping either. sorry my little man. 
on julia's first day of school two weeks i ago i was more than willing to post him for sale on craigslist or even give him to the zoo. 
i don't even remember the order of events that day but i'll tell you, it was non-stop rockwell naughtiness. to start off the morning right, i found him using dixie cups to empty the water out of the bathroom toilet. after cleaning up that mess i came into the kitchen where he had emptied a huge costco carton of blueberries all over the floor. not soon after i found him with  bottle of lotion that he had rubbed all over himself and the front room rug. after i got out of the shower i walked into the front room where he had managed to climb onto the dryer and snatch a capri sun, somehow opening it correctly and was then squirting it all over the t.v. and armoire. i thought for a second that i was dreaming this all up. what had happened to my sweet, chill little rock? then it occurred to me that this is why i was blessed with girls first, to be mini moms for my boys and because heavenly father knew that we would would be in school and apartments(without a yard) for a while with no daddy around to discipline. the days following seemed to get a little better. gold bond powder all over my bed while i was in the shower and marker all over my kitchen chairs. well, emer, he is all yours. nine months until graduation and a backyard for our little wretch. 
...however, it has been three whole days without nausea or throwing up....awesome.

12 comments:

Chelsy said...

haha...a classic Thomsen/Phillips word, "wretch". Thanks for the flashback to good old times in Orangevale! I'm excited for those days to come for Rand and I (the small apartment with kids while going through dental school.) Someday you'll miss it (just not while you're in the middle of cleaning it up!)

Cyndi said...

oh man! I promise not all little boys are like that! but I have a feeling that Auggie will show me everything i missed out on with sweet little Milo. wish me luck! I hope you get your little backyard soon!

Life Is Golden said...

I'll make signs with you, "Naughty Children For Sale!"... Maggie pulled off her diaper today in her bed and proceeded to pee everywhere. She thought it was way funnier then I did.

Anonymous said...

When I frist saw that picture of Rockwell, I thought it was one of your sister's boy for minute. It does get overwhelming cleaning mess after mess after mess...just today Jonas accomplished to destory his room in like 7.8 seconds, toothpaste all over the bathroom counter and mirror, gram crakers smashed all over the table and onto the floor, pizza on the carpet and about 15 times in his room for being "too rough" with Micah-but Rock way out did him today! I swear I am home and with these boys all day, but somehow those moments escape me when he's living the life! Oh, hang in there girl! I didn't realize you were stilling feeling pretty sick. That stinks. Tell Em and the rest Hi for me!

Meghan said...

Oh, Rockwell, you naughty boy! It's lucky you're so cute, or your mother might sell you to the circus. I'm so sorry to hear you're not feeling well... hang in there, only 9 months of school 'till you have your husband back!

Stefany said...

Oh I remember the days when Caleb was like that....desitin everywhere, etc.!! It gets better...at least he has. He's still a little ball of energy and super active, but not so messy anymore!!! Boys are SO different than girls....but I love it! And I love big backyards too!

Glad you're feeling better the last few days!! Hopefully that's the end of feeling that way for you!!

Annie said...

The joys of motherhood! It seems like when they decide to do one thing they decide to do everything! No one can stop their curious minds.

Kaisa Bailey said...

Oh girl, welcome to my world. The backyard will be helpful, I promise! Even if it's covered in thorns and roofing nails. He is such a love!

Unknown said...

Okay, I'm so glad you wrote all of that. I was starting to wonder if Carter was just Satan's spawn, or if every little boy is like that. Amen on the backyard thing. We're in a house but our backyard is mini- it doesn't have a fence and our driveway is in the back. So yeah, it's like we don't even have one. Someday...

Raquel Ruggles said...

how can you be mad at him when he looks so pleased with himself? You know you can send him here for a week or so. The chickens can eat him.

Monica Mary said...

If I ever have a child who isn't like that I may wonder if something is wrong with them since it's all I know! I love boys. But yes, like Stef said, they grow out of it. Well Dallas did but I am beginning to wonder if Preston ever will. He may not considering his personality is exactly like Brannan's... great. :)

Sorry your sick... isn't it funny how soon we forget!

jocelyn said...

rockwell naughtiness! at least he's cute to look at. imagine if he were ugly how much more upsetting it would be when he did naughty things!