
i just got my women's day magazine in the mail(i know, why? you ask, julia had a magazine sale at her school and it was my only option) and usually you come across the small 'collectors' pages of the 'lifelike 6'' silicone babies'. which can typically be purchased for 5 payments of only $27.99! such a deal. well, to my horror today i eventually made my way to this morbid section of the magazine to come across 'baby umi'. what? 'the most incredibly lifelike baby monkey ever!' if only i could give you a better look at her.....if you see me in the next couple of days i promise to keep the copy in my purse. however, there was a line that really caught my eye...'this baby orangutan is not a toy; she is a fine collectible to be enjoyed by adult collectors.' once i read this i had to read on.....'For the first time ever, here's the masterpiece of sculpting that rivals mother nature-to create a sweetheart of a baby you'll want to cuddle and nurture the moment you see her!' i am slightly confused. do adults really buy these and cuddle with them? 'introducing little umi, the very first baby monkey in our world famous so truly real line. she's a newborn orangutan by reknowned animal artist wendy dickison, precious and perfect in every detail. to enhance the likelike quality of this adorable monkey, little umi's head and limbs are crafted in collector-quality silicone, a material that feels as squeezably soft and pliable as real skin'.....GROSS! 'this unique material captures every detail of umi's face, hands and feet. she's covered with wispy, hand-rooted hair for a totally natural look,(what? that is actually somebody's job, to physically root the hair of a silicone monkey?) her gentle eyes, with thick, dark lashes, will look so trustingly right into yours. offer little umi her pacifier, and she'll feel totally loved by you!'
if i could possibly view a picture of somebody that would actually buy 'little umi' to cuddle and give her pacifier to i just might be able to understand why.
for a better look....www.collectiblestoday.com
12 comments:
i want to barf. that is gross.
man that is sick. its kinda like the peope who treat their animals like real kids. we have some neighbors who are kid free but dog crazy. they put their dogs in daycare and everything... give me a break.
I am peeing my pants right now! that is the fuunniest thing I have ever heard! I think you just found a name for the new baby! Umi Lake...i like it.
rocia that is SO creepy! now i really want to know who buys these things.
I know someone who collects dolls and treats them as if they're alive. She's even be known to bring them to church and burp them. Any ideas??
That's just plain hilarious. I will admit though, that REAL baby orangutangs are pretty cute. I held one in Las Vegas once (I know you're cringing right now Cia).
di-sgusting!
yes rocia people really do buy them, and i am one of those people. you really hurt my feelings with this post.
Come up Cia. I already made a comment on your own blog, but I figured you probably wouldn't check there. We'd have a blast. Emerson'll find a job, don't ya worry man!! (;
Grody...
Cia...rather than reading your women's day magaizine, I've decided you need to check a blog I came across from another friend. After your last post about Rock, coupled with your sarcasm, something tells me you will enjoy this blog more than most peole I know. It gives me endless amounts of laughter! Seriously, check it out...you love it!
www.themeanestmom.blogspot.com
Check out her info links of the left to find out a little more about her and her kids before you start the posts, it adds to it all knowing her background! totally worth the time that ticks away as you read it!
You're so funny! I laughed out loud when I read this post.
Post a Comment