


...finding a place to permanently set-up shop has been on my mind a lot lately. at least with emerson's profession it seems as though it will be permanent. i'm not going to lie, i am extremely partial to california, especially northern. ok, actually the sacramento/auburn area. i know, you are thinking, 'that's all she knows, she grew up there'. i keep telling myself to be open to other options, however, i feel i am right in so many ways. if you find a place that makes you perfectly content, why leave? if anyone else out there has suggestions of places to live that you think might be better, i am willing to listen. for now though, here is what makes me happy about my little neck of the woods:
lots of trees (did i mention i LOVE oak trees)
mountains
apple hill (apple fritters, donuts, cider.....yum)
shopping
gold rush
close to so many great places(s.f., beach, tahoe, yosemite, etc.)
folsom zoo
rim's deli
summer nights
swimming pools
porch swings
forest hill
fishing
OLD fair oaks, folsom, etc.
land park
donut spot
sutter gold mine
concrete slides
tomich orchard
foothills
sacramento river
MY FAMILY
21 comments:
i am right there with you cia-- our little spot in ca has got it all, and it's within perfect distance of the ocean AND the mountains... it just can't be beat!
Haha, now I want to live there too!
thanks for the list of "things to do, places to see".... Sometimes you forget when you have lived here for so long! We have so many great places right here in our area! Good luck with the search for the right place. My vote is here. :)
I dream of being able to live in the Sac/Auburn area again someday. I've been to other places. Trust me, just stay there!
You've sold me on it. Let us know when you find a great neighborhood and we'll join you!
Amen Sista! Sometimes I wonder why we moved! :) I say stay. Stay where your family and heart are, otherwise you may regret it. I posted some pics of baby Mya on my page if you wanted to check them out. See you in October!
what are you nuts!?! move to the good ol' pacific northwest, i say! just kidding... i really do love it here, but i love that area too. it holds a lot of sentimental value for me. and being close to family goes a long way.
I love the list you made. I don't think I can argue with you, it sounds heavenly! Does it seem strange/exciting to think of you guys being done in the spring?? good luck, we miss your cute family.
Your little list brought back so many memories... I love Sacramento. Of course, we'd love to have you closer to us, but maybe one day we'll all end up right back where we started!
Oh...I miss home:(
Completely agree! What am I doing in Utah??? Hopefully someday we'll be back...it really is the best!!
No I don't think you're wrong at all, Sacramento is just about the most perfect place in California. I would move there if I could, and probably never leave. Oh, I'm so homesick now. Trust me. I've lived, there, in Idaho, Kansas, Idaho again, and Utah. There is no place like California. PS. it's not just a partial cause you grew up there thing... Craig thinks so too.
Okay, maybe you've convinced us too! You sure make Sacramento sound like the place to be. P.S. I absolutely MUST go to Apple Hill this fall.
Oh the decisions. I feel like we finally have to grow up and be in the real world and I'm not sure how I feel about that.
Sacramento does sound like a fabulous place. I hope you guys find a great opportunity there.
916! Ha ha. I am so excited to actually live in the same town for the first time as married adults. It's only been what?....like 7 years? I love you! Don't let Emerson take you away again! NO to Colorado Emer!
Looks like a pretty sweet place to live. I say go for it!
I AM DYING to go to Apple Hill. Please don't go without me!
Yeah Sacramento is the best place to live!!! I want to move back already!!!!
what a nice ode you just put together! We just went kayaking by negro bar on Saturday for our anniversary and it truely is magical! I waived to big T for ya! I know you love that place!!!!
i say WA too :) ha. And I agree with you, this is a small world :) How funny that Patrick grew up with your cousin and that she had been to his cabin a few times...
I couldn't agree with you more. It makes me want to go home =).
Post a Comment