my friend, jocelyn had this on her blog so i thought i would give it a try. it didn't turn out very interesting for me though. there is only one person in the u.s. with the first and last name, rocia lake. which is probably myself.
HowManyOfMe.com
There are 1 or fewer people with my name in the U.S.A.
there are only one of me too. It's kinda nice having an original name. However, more times than not people can never pronounce it correctly. I get called everything...Erin, Erica, A-raw, hey you, miss kunz, etc. I am so used to it, it doesn't bother me too much.
I did that and there were no mes'. Original names are nice except for when you tell certain people when you're naming your child this or that. The comments are great. Really they are.
Yep...there's only one of me as well. I feel you Arah... I get all the funny pronunciations... TIshina, TashiAna, Taneesha, TishIna-- I hate that one cause it sounds like a female part-- ugh. When I was little I used to get so embarrassed the first day of school because I would always have to correct the teacher when she called out my name... OR she would look right past me when I raised my hand-- I think she was looking for someone a little more ethnic-- not some blondie with blue eyes. Don't get me wrong though I love my name-- it's just what comes with having an original one I guess!
ha ha tashi, i loved your comment. i also hated the first day of school. i always knew when the teacher had got to my name, they would stop and kind of blankly stare at the roll. finally i would just raise my hand or yell out...'rocia'. gotta love having original names.
4 comments:
there are only one of me too. It's kinda nice having an original name. However, more times than not people can never pronounce it correctly. I get called everything...Erin, Erica, A-raw, hey you, miss kunz, etc. I am so used to it, it doesn't bother me too much.
I did that and there were no mes'. Original names are nice except for when you tell certain people when you're naming your child this or that. The comments are great. Really they are.
Yep...there's only one of me as well. I feel you Arah... I get all the funny pronunciations... TIshina, TashiAna, Taneesha, TishIna-- I hate that one cause it sounds like a female part-- ugh. When I was little I used to get so embarrassed the first day of school because I would always have to correct the teacher when she called out my name... OR she would look right past me when I raised my hand-- I think she was looking for someone a little more ethnic-- not some blondie with blue eyes. Don't get me wrong though I love my name-- it's just what comes with having an original one I guess!
ha ha tashi, i loved your comment. i also hated the first day of school. i always knew when the teacher had got to my name, they would stop and kind of blankly stare at the roll. finally i would just raise my hand or yell out...'rocia'. gotta love having original names.
Post a Comment