Thursday, July 17, 2008

summer break

yes, these pictures are a little random, nevertheless, i had to document some exciting summer events our little family shared now that daddy is back in school.

we took the kids to six flags discovery kingdom in vallejo. julia was able to spend one-on-one time with a dolphin named jasmine and her trainer.
she got to learn some dolphin training tricks and best of all, give her a big dolphin kiss. she loved it.

we watched the killer whale and dolphin show together and made sure to sit high enough not to get soaked.

emilia really wanted to ride the elephant. so emer, julia and emilia took a little ride together on the large pachyderm.

next, emer and a group of his dental friends took a humanitarian dental trip to tonga. this meant the mommies needed some sanity so we planned a little trip to bodega bay. anything to fill the time quicker. michelle, ladonna, jamie and i and all of our kids in a beach house. it really was heavenly.

the best: kids fed, bathed and in their p.j.'s. the witching hour is almost over!

but not before michelle and her sweet camera caught some shots of julia and emilia jumping from bed to bed.

how nice is it to prepare dinner with three other women, and women you absolutely love.....wonderful!

my sweet emilia soaking up the sun at the beach. thank you ladies for the memories.

after 10-11 long days without our daddy, we were soooo ready to welcome him home. we made sure to get there a little early with the kids and their homemade 'welcome home daddy' signs.

yes, emerson is beneath the three of them somewhere.

hooray, we missed you emer.

the post-tonga airport group.

we celebrated emilia's birthday and our seventh wedding anniversary on the same day. emilia's only special birthday request was a butterfly cake. don't laugh at my mad cake decorating skills. oh well, she was obsessed.

was i going to eat a piece of the store-bought cake mix and frosting cake? not a chance in the world. the kids however.....yes!

julia pulled through with an anniversary picture of mommy and daddy.....seven years !

emerson majorly scored with his wife this year and surprised me with this turquoise and raw ruby cuff. i'm pretty much obsessed. good job emer.

every year, thanks to my friend, stefany and her wedding gift to us, we have taken a picture on our anniversary and then put the picture in an album. i love looking at the album now. a rundown of our anniversaries: 1st: emer, julia and i after we enjoyed a quick trip to downtown sacramento and dinner at the esquire grill while kaisa babysat our one month old little girl. 2nd: emer, julia and i in front of our orem, utah townhouse. we enjoyed a little day trip to park city with julia. we went on the alpine slides, ate at a yummy pizza place and went to see pirates of the caribbean together. i walked out of the theater with a sleeping toddler who had drooled red licorice all over my white shirt. 3rd: emer, julia and i at the utah valley regional medical center smooching on our newborn, emilia. thank you emilia for arriving on our special day. 4th: emer, julia, emilia and i in our orem, utah home with emilia's first birthday cake and a separate 4th anniversary cake. 5th: emer, julia, emilia and one very pregnant mommy sitting on the floor of our new san francisco apartment. we were a week into dental school and another week away from welcoming rockwell into our family. emerson ordered take-out and i think i fell asleep watching a movie he rented. 6th: sitting around the table with emilia's birthday cake. emer and i celebrated a couple days later. we went out to dinner, went to see harry potter and then to ghiradelli for dessert. 7th: all five of us sitting on our couch in our s.f. apt. we all had full bellies after dinner at the cheesecake factory and were all ready for bed. here's too many more shared anniversaries with our sweet little emilia.

11 comments:

Raquel Ruggles said...

such a good job on the gift emer! i am so impressed. you are good at packing so many fun things into 6 weeks. we miss you already!

Kaisa Bailey said...

What are you talking about a junky butterfly cake!!!???? You are a joke. Did you see spiderman and all of his junkiness? I think not. You did a fantastic job. Now that it has been 6 yrs for Scott and I....I totally regret not taking anniversary pictures every year, like you guys started to do right off. I'm starting. Love you.

Walnut said...

looks like fun times. i like the pictures but the one that really stands out is Emer's sweet hat on the elephant

Michelle said...

Fun times. You have such a beautiful little family. I am also going to start the anniversary picture thing too. You should scan them all in so we can all see them too!

Melinda said...

O'K I am a total stalker. I love your family pictures. It is so fun to see all of you girls with families of your own. Oh my gosh, I sound like an old lady. I guess I am technically. Anyway, it's melinda Kinghorn, (Karrissa's mom)and I am trying to get on Kaisa's blog list. I want to see pictures of Glen's wedding. Please ask Kaisa to add me to her list. melinda_kinghorn@hotmail.com. Your family is so darling and it sounds like you have so much fun together. Wyatt totally loves going to your parents house. I'll stop stalking now.

LaDonna and Ben said...

I love living next to you guys.

julie said...

this is so neat that you remember all of this and have it written down. by the way, i LOVE the cuff. good choice.

Darla said...

Wow Cia,
beautiful cuff...I LOVE it!! How are you? You're looking so pretty in all your pics. I'm totally going through an ugly picture taking stage right now. I can't believe how long Julia's hair is!!

Annie said...

The trips look fun and what a great welcome home! That's so cute! By the way, our blog is jaboyle.blogspot.com - keep in touch!

Cyndi said...

You guys are so cute! LaDonna told me about your little beach house get-a-way, LUCKY! I miss you guys so much! looks like fun times with the Lakes!

Whitney said...

Hey! My husband and I are moving to San Francisco in about 4 weeks because he'll be going to grad school at SFSU. I'm in SF right now looking for housing this week. We'd like to be in the Sunset District. What neighborhood are you guys in? I'll have to get some "living in the city" advice from you because it seems a little overwhelming.

-Whitney (Gray) Christopherson