"Lord help the mister that comes between me and my sister...."
-Iving Berlin
-Iving Berlin
kaisa with her handsome little men. lakai (4.5), maddox(2.5) and rafe (4.5mos).
thank you raquel for the phenomenal picture of me and emer.
Wow, my heart leaps out of my chest when I think of my awesome sisters. I love them so much. They came to visit me yesterday and I loved every minute of it. Between the three of us we have seven little munchkins under the age of 5.
I thought about taking them to Mamma's(a tiny, but delicious restaurant), long and hard. I thought of how outrageous Emilia and Maddox can be, especially when they are together. Also, the fact that Kaisa and Raquel both have tiny babies. However, how could I be so neglectful and not let my sisters experience a monte cristo? Flat out, we had to go, bad experience or not, we knew the food was going to be phenomenal. I knew we would get weird looks, I knew the kids would get crazy, I knew the kids would climb under the table, I knew there would be crying, I even knew there would be spills. Yes, every single one of those things happened(and more), but they loved their food and we loved being together. In the picture above a lady sitting next to us asked if she could take a picture of us. I hesitated for a minute and then thought, why not? So here is the narration: I am laughing hysterically because we were all out of control, Rockwell is crying because on my way into the booth with him to take the picture I somehow hurt him. Raquel and Cosette are cute as ever because they just have each other(besides the fact that Raquel took care of Maddox the whole time and had all the pen marks on her body and clothes to prove it). Who knows what Emilia was doing, actually she was thinking about how good her food was going to be and we were trying to keep her from flopping under the table(which she eventually did) by giving her a pen to write on her place mat with. Maddox had just lept over Emilia from his spot next to Raquel to somehow try to instigate a wrestling match. Lakai is trying to figure out what to do with Maddox(probably using some sort of loud motorcycle noise). Julia is holding on to aunt Kaisa for dear life and loving every second of the fact that mom let her ditch school for the event. Kaisa is putting on her cutest smile for the picture while holding sweet little Rafe, but secretly thinking, "why in the h--- did Rocia bring me and my three crazy boys to such a tiny restaurant and expect it do be an enjoyable experience?" Well, there you have it.
We eventually went to the park, my favorite fabric store(props to Emer for watching the kids), and Baker Beach for the sunset. Thank you Kais and Raqk for letting me drag you around the city and making my day extra special.
I thought about taking them to Mamma's(a tiny, but delicious restaurant), long and hard. I thought of how outrageous Emilia and Maddox can be, especially when they are together. Also, the fact that Kaisa and Raquel both have tiny babies. However, how could I be so neglectful and not let my sisters experience a monte cristo? Flat out, we had to go, bad experience or not, we knew the food was going to be phenomenal. I knew we would get weird looks, I knew the kids would get crazy, I knew the kids would climb under the table, I knew there would be crying, I even knew there would be spills. Yes, every single one of those things happened(and more), but they loved their food and we loved being together. In the picture above a lady sitting next to us asked if she could take a picture of us. I hesitated for a minute and then thought, why not? So here is the narration: I am laughing hysterically because we were all out of control, Rockwell is crying because on my way into the booth with him to take the picture I somehow hurt him. Raquel and Cosette are cute as ever because they just have each other(besides the fact that Raquel took care of Maddox the whole time and had all the pen marks on her body and clothes to prove it). Who knows what Emilia was doing, actually she was thinking about how good her food was going to be and we were trying to keep her from flopping under the table(which she eventually did) by giving her a pen to write on her place mat with. Maddox had just lept over Emilia from his spot next to Raquel to somehow try to instigate a wrestling match. Lakai is trying to figure out what to do with Maddox(probably using some sort of loud motorcycle noise). Julia is holding on to aunt Kaisa for dear life and loving every second of the fact that mom let her ditch school for the event. Kaisa is putting on her cutest smile for the picture while holding sweet little Rafe, but secretly thinking, "why in the h--- did Rocia bring me and my three crazy boys to such a tiny restaurant and expect it do be an enjoyable experience?" Well, there you have it.
We eventually went to the park, my favorite fabric store(props to Emer for watching the kids), and Baker Beach for the sunset. Thank you Kais and Raqk for letting me drag you around the city and making my day extra special.
12 comments:
wow! these are amazing!! this makes me miss my sisters all being together. you guys are adorable. thanks for sharing. love ya!
I wouldn't expect any less of an event with rocia in charge, everything you do is so splendidly fun! you make crazy look good!
I love you Cia. Thank you for an amazing lunch and a really fun day. I needed it so bad, and thinking of you all of my sweet sisters puts a lump in my throat. You are the best!
how fun...i can't believe your kids are wearing shorts, we still have snow on the ground here, slowly melting away. you guys are just the cutest girls! love you all!
These are the times it makes me sad I don't have sisters close in age to me. You guys are so cute... I love it.
Sorry for being such a post copy-cat...I didn't realize you had a post up with some of the same pictures. Double the fun right? K...I love you, thanks for such a fun day and good memories.....
I love the Thomson (Lake/Bailey/Ruggles) girls! You guys are so lucky to have each other all so close!
wow- SUCH an amazing picture of you and Emerson. Awesome.
k... you're making me miss you really bad.
I hope you all know that you are some of my absolute fav women on the planet. I miss you guys so much I want to cry, but then I would definately reasure all of my husbands cliams that I am a highly emotional gal. I have debated this with him for quite some time and would kick myself if I lost now. Just the same you guys are awesome.
How fun. Wow, I can't believe there are that many Thomson grandbabies!!! Hey, do you think Neal could invite me to view his blog?!! I really want to see his baby!
I'm not sure which is more fun to see - the AMAZING beach pics. or the crazy lunch story. It's amazing how loud and messy a bunch of excited kids can be.
Post a Comment