Friday, March 7, 2008

Disney on Ice




How could I resist when I saw the AD on the side of a bus for Disney on Ice: Princess Wishes? I mean, I remember going once as a little girl and it being so magical. My sisters and I were obsessed with watching ice skating whenever it was on T.V. So, I emailed some friends who had little girls as well and we made a mother-daughter night out of it. I didn't tell them where we were going until we were walking up to the stadium and I made them put princess dresses on. They could see all the other little girls around them in theirs as well and Julia guessed, "Are we going to a ball?"
I have to admit, I thoroughly enjoyed it. We decided our favorite part was during "The Little Mermaid" performance when they were catapulting each other(pictured above). The guys on the platform would jump down onto the catapult and launch the guy at the end who would do a back flip....awesome.
It was funny how Emilia was dressed up as Tinkerbell and Julia was Cinderella and they got so giddy to see performances from "their" character. I swear Emilia thought she was really Tinkerbell. You can guess how thrilled she was when the finale was Tinkerbell being lifted in the carriage(pictured above) with all the princes and princesses dancing around her.

4 comments:

OATNEAL said...

my favorite part is the spandex and sparkles,

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, those are really good pictures! I'm impressed of the picture you got of the guy catapulting. Did you know he was going to do that? We went yesterday morning with Jeremy and Josh's little girls and it was SO fun. You are such a good mom.

Sheri said...

Okay so I totally wanted to take Macey to see it too, but its not coming to boise, closest is salt lake. She would of LOVED to go. And wear her cinderella costume which I had to hide from her because after christmas I was sick of her wearing it everyday since halloween!! :)

Mindi said...

You got some great photos Rocia. What a fun little night.