Monday, February 4, 2008

Over The Hump


Why do we wish away our lives waiting for the next saga to begin? I would really love to just stay in this little bubble we call dental school. I love almost everything about it with the exception of student loans. We will never be in this little spot again, with the people we have grown to love so much in the most beautiful city in the world. I can't believe we have reached our half-way mark already. I dreamed for this day when we first started school, before we met such wonderful friends. What a bittersweet event. At this point I feel like I would rather back-peddle than continue the quick path on to graduation. What will I do without you all?

Thank you Eric and Kitrina for the pre-party and the only pictures that really turned out from the entire night.

What great shoes, ladies.

I'm sure our fellow student body laughed at our three tables without a trace of alcohol. I have never seen so many bottled waters in my life. That's OK, you better believe their drunkenness kept us laughing ALL night.
I love you Emer, no matter how sweaty you were from dancing. I am so proud of you.

9 comments:

LOR said...

What an accomplishment, congrats Emer to making it to the halfway mark. Rocia, you look so pretty in those pictures- we miss you guys.

Raquel Ruggles said...

uh, your hair looked amazing. also i love your shoes, and your dress, and your date. we just love you model sister and your awesome husband. yay emer and cia!

Stefany said...

Good Job Emer!! You look beautiful Cia (like always)!!!! I'm glad you're having so much fun. I totally agree. Sometimes I think life would be easier if we were back in the BYU days (as long as I could take the kids with me!)....even though we made practically nothing, we didn't have so many responsibilities!

Rebecca said...

I'm with you on the bittersweet... I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm sad UOP isn't four years like everybody else! You guys are awesome, we love you!

Michelle said...

Amen. It was a very bittersweet night. You would have thought they slipped something into Emer's drink by the way he was dancing. Are you sure he only drank water? :)

Unknown said...

Congrats Emerson and Rocia! You guys rock! And Rocia you are so beautiful!!!

jocelyn said...

I love the sweaty Emerson picture. Too bad we had to leave before we could get sweaty on the dance floor!

amynewby said...

well said! that's awesome there are so many lds friends out there. i'll be sad to leave the ones we've made here, ugh! i'm not as impervious to change as i was when i was little. i agree with everyone else, you look beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Rocia you look hot! Emer-you look good too :) Looks like fun fun fun! I am so super happy for you both. I know Emer does the work but you hold down the fort Rocia...he couldn't do it without you! I Love You Both!!