I can't decide if it the size of my 50 square foot kitchen or the fact that I am sick and tired of the same old recipes. I am sitting here trying to write my grocery list and my mind is thinking of 1 billion other things I would rather do than go grocery shopping or cooking. Please, if you have any easy dinner ideas send them this way....PLEASE! Also, if you have any clever and healthy ideas for Julia's lunches, I would much appreciate it.
13 comments:
I totally know what you mean about cooking and grocery shopping. I despise both, and I used to love them. I must say though that bisquick has saved my life. If you go to the bisquick website there are tons of easy quick, and healthy recipes(and not all made with bisquick...you can only handle so much food made with pnacake mix), and it's actually stuff that you have in the cupboard, if you know what I mean. They aren't earth shattering but pretty good, and pretty easy. Works for every night, when you just don't feel like making dinner, but don't want to just eat junk or cold cereal. Oh wait, those are the same things.
I feel like I've been in the kitchen for this whole past week.
Hey Rocia do you get the kraft food and family magazine. They've got some quick easy stuff, that's pretty good. I wish I had way more crock pot recipes. How easy and lovely is the crock pot.
when i don't feel like feeding Sadie i just poor some cereal on the floor in the kitchen and let her go at it. try that
Ya I was gonna mention the Kraft Food Family Magazine. I love it! I ususally go to kraftfood.com or bettycrocker.com they have tons of easy and good recipes. Plus I think its the kraft one that has ideas for the kiddies! Like making the sandwich in a tortilla and then rolling it up and sending it in their lunch! Thinks like that!
rachael ray's homemade mac and cheese is really popular at our house (I'm sure you can find it at foodtv.com) I use cheddar instead of white cheddar because it's what i always buy. Also - I have a sweet and sour meatball recipe from the lion house cookbook that is really yummy. and a burrito recipe from a friend, if you want that one. email me rachhowell@msn.com if you are interested in either of those. they are my favorites right now. I need to do the same thing today - make the list, go to the store... blah!
oh, lunches are seriously the pits! Lydia gets very little variety. applesauce cups, mandarin oranges, carrots, crackers of some variety. now she likes sweet and salty granola bars (but they are spendy and probably not so healthy). let me know if you come up with something good - Lydia doesn't like cheese or PB in her lunches or apples or raisins. It's rather limiting!
Hey Rocia its Jamie (Knott) I was checking out your blog from Kaisa's hope you don't mind. But some dental wifes and I have started a recipe blog cause we have felt the same way. and I am telling you its saved my cooking life. so here is the link, http://forkinit.blogspot.com/
but if you send me your emial address I will invite you to view my blog. so here is my email Jlkknott@hotmail.com hope all is well hope to hear from you soon.
Healthy ideas for Julia's lunches...hahahahaha! I don't think you want advice from the treat lady on that one. I have a good stir fry recipe for dinner though!
Mom, Kaisa and I are vicariously living through you (okay maybe not Mom), but Kaisa and I are DYING to hear about over the hump, and see more pictures. The one we saw--you look SO HOT! So you and all of your cute dental friends need to post over the hump pictures, so we can be jealous of your formal dinner party/celebration. And this needs to be PRONTO. I have checked your blog like 10 times today and yesterday (not sure why I was psycho about checking it yesterday though). Also, chicken tortilla soup from all of the cans is so yummy and easy. I had forgotten about it until yesterday. It was amazing!
Congrats on over the hump! You all looked gorgeous. So I have a great easy recipe....buy frozen chicken taquitos, enchilda sauce and cheese. bake at 350 for 15-20 and you have yummy easy enchiladas!
sheri
Thank you all for your contributions to my laziness. Such wonderful ideas.
Rocia,
Every once in a while I click on your blog and Monica's blog from Stef's to see what you all are up to since I don't really see you guys. You have such a beautiful family and I always like to read about your adventures. Anyway, this is a super easy recipe and YUMMY!
Ingredients:
1/2 lb hamburger
1 can Dennison's Chili w/ no beans
1/2 cup sour cream
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
2 cups grated cheese (you can do less)
4-6 tortillas (I use flour)
-Cook hamburger well done (strain out fat)
-Add chili and sour cream in pan with hamburger and heat until warm
-Wrap the above mixture in tortillas and place seam side down in casserole pan
(Spray w/ PAM first to make sure they don't stick)
-Pour soup on top of tortillas (you don't have to add milk to condensed)
-Sprinkle cheese on top
-Cook at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes
i saw a cute lunch idea on another friend's blog... her daughter came home saying that her friend had a sandwich cut into the shape of a 'k'(which was the first letter in that little girl's name) and that she wanted her sandwich cut into an 'a.' she pictured it and it was totally cute-- just plain old pb&j but cut in a fun shape:)
Post a Comment