Sunday, March 14, 2010

happy birthday mother.

circa 1984

circa 1984

if i could pick one word to describe my mother it would be 'charitable'. she is always looking for ways to serve others and usually that means her children. i love my momma so much and i am very grateful to be with her on her special day.
happy birthday mom, i love you.

*i'm taking one for the team with the top picture. if you are wondering who the child at left is who resembles
'jabba the hut'...it's me. let's just hope it gives you a good laugh. yikes.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

The second I saw that picture of you on my Google Reader, I started cracking up so hard that Rob had to come over and see what was so funny. And as soon as he did, he was laughing just as hard. You are a champ, Cia. And I love your mom's sweatshirt in that first picture. So classic.

Jordan said...

HAHAHAHAHA! That first pic is classic. The second one is great too. Who knows where that was taken? I do.

Emily said...

I can't not comment with a picture of you like that! And somehow it manages to still be cute!

Life Is Golden said...

I'm not going to lie... Joel and I definitely had a good laugh, but we all know that you were (and are) the cutest!
Happy Birthday Sweet Mama Julia... give her a squeeze from me.

Michelle said...

Ummmm, I totally did laugh out loud, and then Dave joined me. You totally make up for it in every way now! Happy Birthday to Julia, and I agree, she is VERY charitable!

Shauna said...

im in love with your mom. She is like the fun, nice, cool aunt that i never had.

JULIA if youre reading this...HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Thank you for being a great example to me. You are in a lot of ways what I want to be as a mother. You have raised beautiful people as your children who everyone loves and adores and i just love you.

(Cia that picture is hilarious, you look special needs)

Walnut said...

wow, Rocia where has this picture been my whole life. that face is the funniest thing in the world. and Kaisa is the only one looking at the camera and waiving

Anonymous said...

I just had to come look again, and I totally just noticed Kaisa's hand in this picture. Legendary!

Kaisa Bailey said...

Priceless toddler picture of you as usual. Don't question the semi-permanent parotitus ever again...this picture is just too good. You look 3 x the size of Neal...
Mom produced quite the little crew...happy birthday!

jocelyn said...

your mom is the cutest. and you are the cutest (even in the first picture where you do like mildly special needs).

kelsey said...

I have seriously come back to your blog like 5 times just to look at this picture, it is HiLARiOUS!!!

Stefany said...

Happy Birthday julia!!

I LOVE that picture Rocia! Thanks for the laugh!!

ali said...

wow! from special needs to drop dead gorgeous!

Jaydee lady said...

So funny!! I love your mom!

Darla said...

Haha!! Cia, that pic is hysterical. Never seen it before. Oh, how I love my Aunt Julia!! Happy (late) birthday!! And your first post? So sweet! Look at your sweet babies, and dad, and sister, and Grandpa (looks JUST like Neal and your dad..and he was a forester? How cool!!). Very good post, girl. Miss you.

Forever Young said...

I love those pictures and Love You Aunt Julie...You truely are a wonderfully giving person... So glad I had you growing up:)

Jamie said...

Oh my gosh. I am laughing and laughing and laughing some more about that top pictures. Still laughing out loud...Still laughing...Still laughing...Now crying I am laughing so hard...

Your mom is amazing. She was so wonderful to watch the kids so we could go do a little shopping and eating when i came to visit. I keep thinking about how i should only eat half sandwiches so i can look like her.

Miss you!

Emerson said...

okay, I never look at the blog so here I am having a special moment and lo and behold my eyes lay hold of the most shocking picture of Rocia I believe I've ever seen. I laughed and then was immediately embarrassed gasping out loud.--I mean was she an interesting specimen at that age or what. Dang, poor thing for sure, but I mean...