Monday, September 28, 2009

moving.

moving day: saturday, june 20th, 2009

thanks to my dear sweet sisters and mother, our moving experience was a lot easier than expected. raquel came with cosette to drop-off my never-stop-moving-hardest-worker-in-the-universe-mother and to pick-up the three oldest to take home with her while we packed up the house. emerson was called away to seattle to take clinical boards which meant i had to go pick-up the 24 foot moving truck and drive it through the financial district and through the rest of the city to our place...let's just give a major shout-out to jamie cook for letting me use her car and my mom for following me home and showing me how much space there was between the moving truck and the car next to me...not very much.

my little rascals waving goodbye to their home.

hey julia, i can't tell what's cuter, your toothless smile or the neck pillow you think you are going to be using on the two hour trip.

bainey celebrated his four month birthday and his first time in the johnny-jump-up while me and grandma packed the house.

goodbye beautiful front room views of the pacific ocean and the the death trap window...you were a big part of s.f. life. the kids loved throwing numerous packs of bouncy balls out that window. they got their inspiration from this video.

the angelic fourth child sleeping away while we cleaned. oh, and the dining room window where i used to shake out my tablecloth every night after dinner. the raccoons loved me...so did my neighbors.

our front door and the mini kitchen/laundry room. i loved watching my kiddos play in the sand pit outside while i made dinner. or, the way the ancient window cranked open so that we could coach emilia to open it for us. she locked herself in one day and locked us out...on accident. or the trim from the kitchen to the front room where julia tripped and cut open her hand.

yes, those are the steps to our front door. three flights of them. i will miss sitting on them watching my kids ride their bikes up and down the hill while the onlooking parents glared at me from their windows. and yes, i will miss carrying three kids up the stairs at a time. but, NO i will not miss carrying my groceries up them. at. all. i will miss sitting on them after a good run through the presidio.

i will miss hearing emerson's motorcycle approach on his way home from school every night and the sounds his footsteps made up to the front door.

i'd like to think that is our neighbor in the window crying as we left...however i am pretty sure he was waiting for us to be out of site so he could jump for joy at our departure. yes, we were a family of six living above him with hardwood floors. we love you neighbors! this was the site out my side mirror as i drove away.

i drove down pershing drive to lincoln to leave and emerson drove the truck down stilwell to lincoln to leave. i didn't know he was going to do that so as i looked left to turn right there he was coming up the hill toward me.
last drive over the bridge.

one dental degree - check. two baby boys - check. kindergarten and first grade - check. life-long friends - check. approx. 300 trips over the golden gate bridge - check.
am i crying like a baby right now? - check.

8 comments:

jocelyn said...

this made me cry too. i miss you and i miss san francisco.

Loni said...

rocia,
thanks for making me cry. :)
love,
loni

Darla said...

Cia, I almost cried thinking of you crying. What a beautiful experience!! missyourguts!

erin said...

dido. and I've been gone the longest. still tugs. always will. thanks for taking me back.

brett and nadine said...

Why did you have to post this.... I am still have a hard time blogging about our last moments in SF. What a great video! Love you Rocia and miss you tons.

Stacy said...

I loved your post. I had to laugh about your comment about the downstairs neighbor though. According to Gabriel, who complained about our kids to us numerous times, he NEVER heard any noise from you guys. :) He moved out this weekend though. Lol.

Michelle said...

Yikes. Crying. I saw the title of your post when you first posted it, but I knew I wasn't ready to read it then. Apparently I am still not. Seeing your house all empty kills me. All those fin girls nights in there, on your old couches, then your new, with both of your baby boys, and your sweet sweet girls. Man I miss that place, and all the people, and all the memories.

Michelle said...

Yikes. Crying. I saw the title of your post when you first posted it, but I knew I wasn't ready to read it then. Apparently I am still not. Seeing your house all empty kills me. All those fin girls nights in there, on your old couches, then your new, with both of your baby boys, and your sweet sweet girls. Man I miss that place, and all the people, and all the memories.