Monday, January 5, 2009

a bailey visit.

the week before christmas kaisa & scott made a quick weekend trip to visit us in the city. thank heavens gas prices are so so low...because i am reaping on the benefits. when they got here we ate dinner and drug all six of the kids to ghiradelli square.
rafe, you are delicious.
kaisa, i promise this is the best pic of you guys. ok, maybe the pic with the majority of you looking at the camera.
hence, we didn't even try gathering our kids for a shot. just the obedient one.
emerson and scott made the kids run around the fountain as fast as they could for as long as they would. hmm, i wonder why? they actually fell asleep pretty speedily once we got home, the four oldest all in the same room.
thank you for letting me force you into coming kaisa...you little non-traveler.
the next day we drove over the bridge to point bonita to hike around and have a little picnic. for some weird reason we let emerson and scott take the kids to the point while kaisa and i sat on our duffs with the youngest ones.
this is the trail that our husbands thought was safe enough to take emilia and maddox on. you can't tell by the pic, but there is a cliff four feet to the right that drops probably 150 feet to the ocean below.
the view from where they are...can you see the two black dots? yes, that is me and kaisa...sitting.
why do you feel that this is o.k.?
especially when you are staring down at this?
they hiked the kids to the point and locked them in war bunker...ha.
kaisa and i finally hiked our laziness to the point with rock and rafe and met up with them.
these are my lazy kids after the hike. they have the laziest legs EVER.
we drove around the point to rodeo beach and let the kids scruff around until they were wet and freezing. then we went home for naps and relaxing. we ordered in chinese for dinner and chilled...heavenly.

4 comments:

Emily said...

That DOES look heavenly...I'm SO jealous. You live in such an amazing place...what are you going to do when Emerson graduates and it's time to move away? I would cry! And your husband is crazy, I have vertigo just looking at that picture!

Anonymous said...

I live like 20 min. from Kaisa and I never see her. That is probably my fault though. Looks like a fun weekend! Sometime can Rob and I come down to SF and hire Emerson to give us dental exams? We are long overdue.

arah said...

Brinley has the same cherry boots. So funny.
I love having a sister live so close to me. Especially when our kiddlings get along so well.
You guys are adorable.

Kaisa Bailey said...

Thanks for such a fun and crazy weekend. Memories were definitely made! I wish we could've seen Emerson go in neck deep! Too bad you had to drag lazy legs and I had to chase the crazy!