Thursday, November 6, 2008

happy birthday neal.


against my older brother's second birthday wishes, we share the same birthday. i know, a two-year-old boy does not ask for a baby sister for their birthday. especially not one twice their size and extremely obnoxious. however, i have always loved to brag that we share same the birthday. happy birthday to an older brother who taught me to tie my shoe, pop tar bubbles, explore the outdoors, and potty trained me. i love you neal, happy birthday.

p.s. my sister kaisa informed me today that after she posted the above-picture of me and neal on her blog, my mom told her that she worried i would have weight problems growing up. hence the picture i posted below it, with three less chins.

19 comments:

Unknown said...

hilarous Rocia. Happy Happy Birthday Rocia dear. We love you... and Neal.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

sorry that's me not Craig, I didn't realize I was logged in as him.

colin and brooke thompson said...

Happy birthday BFF! Don't you love getting those chins back when you're pregnant? Well, I should only speak for myself i guess! Happy b-day Neal too... I guess! first the worst, second the best! Just kidding!

Emily said...

Those are some rockin bangs...I think we , children of the 80's, all had that hair do growing up! Sadly, Eden has those very bangs at the moment, we have some hair issurs at the moment! You were awfully cute, bangs and all!

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

That means Happy Birthday to you! I hope you had a wonderful day!

Rebekah said...

Happy Birthday Rocia! I was thinking of you when I remembered we shared a birthday! You're brother must be cool too! :) The kids look absolutely adorable and I'm so excited to hear you are pregnant. Congratulations and I hope life is beautiful and fantastic for you in SF! Love, Rebekah

Jilly Bean said...

You were such a cute little girl! Don't you worry about those chins. ;) I think Amelia looks like you when you were little.

If it's Neal's birthday, that means it's also your birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Have so much fun today!

jocelyn said...

i am so into those bangs. they are so heidi klum (last year). haha. please continue to post pictures of baby/childhood rocia. they are my favorite. i hope you had a great birthday! i dropped a little pressie off for you and emelia seemed awfully interested in it, so i'm hoping it was still there when you got back from your date night!

Lindz said...

Happy Birthday Rocia! I hope you had a great day! I love you!

ali said...

Happy birthday to the both of you!

I'm glad to hear my kids actually have a fighting chance in the chin department!

Jamie said...

This is too funny! Did you know that me and my older brother, Chad share the same birthday? What are the odds...

I love your chubby little cheeks in this pic. So cute. How adorable is your mom with the cute little homemade cake in the background. I guess I know where you got your homemaking skills from.

Darla said...

So funny Cia. You look SOO much like julia in that top pic (not that julia is overweight). There's a pic of me and Chris when I'm about 21/2. He's sitting behind me and can't even get his arms around my waist. I really looked like I would have weight problems, as well. Good thing you're gorgeous and the weight "problem" hasnt' become a problem yet. (:
Happy birthday Cia!! love you!

Kristen said...

that chunky picture of you is TOO cute!!! hope you don't mind me showing off you and rockwell on my blog. i love the picture of you two! have fun w/ your fam!

Stefany said...

That is too cute!! Love the chins and the bangs!!!

Hope you had a great day!!

Cute cake stand Julia!

Erinn said...

Hey Rocia,
This is Erinn, Shauna's sister. My mom gave me your blog address, and since neither my mom or Shauna seem to be functioning in the internet/blogging age, she asked me to post the family pics so you could look at them. I'll try to post more pictures of Shauna's family on here so you can keep tabs on them through us! :)

BTW-your kids are adorible! I can't believe your on number 4, how exciting!!

Annie said...

Happy birthday to the both of you! Those pictures are cute! Our blog is now private so if you want to, you can email me your email to pouland80@hotmail.com and I'll send you an invite to view it.

Becca Shirts said...

Hey Rocia! I just wanted to leave a note saying, that even though we live so far apart, we do a lot of the same things! It's pretty crazy! All of our pregnancies have been the same. Married in Dec 2001. I am pregnant now with a BOY 3 weeks behind you, #4! :) And I too, was born on my brother's birthday! But it was his 3rd birthday, but he still was not very happy to get me as a b-day present as well. Lots of fun! Anyway, hope all is going well with your pregnancy! We no longer live in the Lakeridge 7th Ward! :) Bought our first home. :) Will probably forever live in Utah, because growing up as Army brats, we love it here! Okay, talk to ya later! Becca

Juliana said...

That is sooo adorable! Love the chins in the first pic! How fun to have the same birthday. McKay and his new baby bro share the same too just five years apart. Hopefully it won't be a problem when birthday time is here!