Friday, September 26, 2008

mt. tamalpais

yes, we have always wanted to climb to the top of mt. tamalpais as a family. you can see beautiful views of the city, ocean, and even catch a glimpse of the sierra nevadas. although, the day we hiked it it was a little foggy so the visibility wasn't too great. i was a little nervous that 'lazy legs' wouldn't make it and i would end up carrying her. however, i think she thought it was somewhat magical and climbed the whole way. now, i make it sound like such a long hike and you would think from the picture it is.....wrong. you drive almost all the way up to the top and then hike maybe a third of a mile up to the top. i didn't anticipate the heat so the girls happily stripped to their t-shirts when i suggested it. the drive was phenomenal and i highly recommend it, at least for the fact that your kids will sleep like champions that night.

4 comments:

Raquel Ruggles said...

Lazy legs doesn't look too happy. We miss you already and Marc and I are trying to figure a time we can come to see you. It's our turn to come to you.

Unknown said...

Rocia, I TOTALLY have the exact same top that you are wearing in that picture, exact same. I wore it last summer when I was pregnant too.

Kaisa Bailey said...

ok, I totally thought the same thing Raquel did. Emilia looks SO ticked that she had to go hiking. I love lazy legs.

colin and brooke thompson said...

I've never heard of it! that sounds like great fun. I liked your "Emerson" post!