today i took the kids to costco. really one of the select few places that isn't too hard to take all four kids(and let's be honest i only have four, that's half of some of the families i know). there are two spots to restrain kids in the front of the cart, samples to make them happy, and it's big enough to get around easily and noisy enough to muffle their cries. unless it is friday afternoon in the summer...just stay home.
julia is always counting how many people say, 'wow, you have your hands full'(and my four are a cake walk compared to some). as we stopped at the end of an aisle to try and merge to make our trek up to the front of the store. some lady stopped her cart and just stared at me like she had just been spotlighted. i looked to make sure my kids were accounted for(i did have an overly stuffed cart) but as she walked by she said in the nastiest tone, 'why did you think it was a good idea to come here without another adult?' then she rolled her eyes in disgust with me and walked away. my kids were speechless and just stared at me. i just said, 'that poor lady must be having a bad day' and then i forgot about it.
the food court was way too full for us to find a spot so i wheeled the kids outside and we sat on the concrete ledge next to the tire center and ate our food. out of nowhere rockwell says in his slow and steady, non-chalant, scruffy voice, "mom, if that nasty lady comes out of the store i am going to tell her, 'i'm not very impressed!'." i laughed so hard my lemonade flew out of my nostrils.
it was awesome.
10 comments:
Oh my gosh Rocia.. that is so dang funny. I wish she would have walked out.
I don't understand why people say the things they say sometimes.
i don't like strangers talking to me period, even if they are saying something nice...let alone something so mean. you are so sweet and have such a good attitude to respond to your kids like you did. i love rockwell's response. little does nasty lady know, you have a group of some of the sweetest, nicest behaved children that exist...i don't think it's a coincidence...i think it has something to do with their great parents.
Ahhh that is GREAT!!!
eew.
a few months ago we were walking through garden of the gods, and some GUY walked up to us and told us that reese is too hot and shouldn't be out in this weather. it was 60-70 degrees out and we were all wearing jackets.
Oh WOW. I am still trying to come up with something I would say back to someone like that, but can't. You handled it well :D Bless little Rock's heart for being so sweet and funny to lighten things up.
People should just know when to keep their mouths shut!! I cannot believe she was so rude to you and that is so great what Rockwell wanted to say how awesome!!!
Ha! Love you Rockwell!! Really though, Cia, you SHOULD have brought Emer with you. Duh! (;
It's occasions like this that I fear someday when I have kids. Because let's be honest...I was raised by Debbie and most likely I'd have a quick-witted (slightly mean) response to say back!
HI Rocia - this was the by far the best story about a 'Cosco' experience ever! I, also, wish that woman had walked out while you guys were having lunch. The children are growing up so much - and they are so beautiful - I so enjoy this 'Lake House' website. My love to everyone.
Love - Aunt Nancy
HI Rocia - this was the by far the best story about a 'Cosco' experience ever! I, also, wish that woman had walked out while you guys were having lunch. The children are growing up so much - and they are so beautiful - I so enjoy this 'Lake House' website. My love to everyone.
Love - Aunt Nancy
Post a Comment