Tuesday, April 28, 2009

the pick-up.


i dropped off mom, dad and neal yesterday at the s.f. airport so they could head down to argentina and chile to pick-up kurty from his mission. imagine my excitement as i opened my email this morning and found this picture. i immediately got emotional and can only imagine how my mom is feeling having her boy back. i can't wait to see him in two weeks when they return.
p.s. i am a little sad i am not there, especially since they are headed here for a couple of days.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! Welcome Home Kurty!

arah said...

i can imagine the whole family is jealous they aren't there with Kurt.
What a fun vacation/pick-up for your parents. You'll have to share some good pics of when he gets off the plane.
We are planinng on coming down this summer, end of July-ish. Julie and I didn't get in to the Nike Women's MArathon. We are totally bummed.

Michelle said...

I have a whole new appreciation for missionary moms after having a son of my own. I will be so sad when he leaves!

arah said...

it is actually not a table cloth, I was given some vintage sheets and they didn't fit any of our beds, so I sewed two together and made a picnic blanket/table cloth. I think the fabric is adorable. Matt thinks its a bit girlie. Thats what you get when all we have is girls, right?

Darla said...

snif...sniff. I MISS ARGENTINA!!

Chelsy said...

So they are visiting Neal's old stonpming grounds too? Rand would be SO jealous (did you know they served in the same mission...Rand was just a little behind Neal though.) and I can't believe it's been 2 years already! Seems like not that long ago that Rand was teaching Kurt at the MTC. Crazy!

And those waterfalls are BEAUTIFUL! Rand has told me about them. Amazing!

Forever Young said...

That is such a cool picture. I love little Kurty...even though he isn't so little anymore:)