Tuesday, February 17, 2009

the induction.

tomorrow is the big day. my doctor decided it was the latest day she would let me go, i was really hoping i would go into labor on my own. however, to prevent shoulder dystocia with this little guy i am suppose to go in for an induction tomorrow night at 8pm. the hospital is famous for being busy and i might not get in right away(i am actually hoping this happens wishing and hoping i just start on my own). so, to mix things up a bit i want to copy what my cousin arah did and do a little give-away. i want everyone to make an estimate on how much this little guy is going to weigh and how long he will measure. if by chance you nail it on the head or have the closest weight and height i will send you a $20 target gift card. the deadline for guessing will be tomorrow, february 18th @ 8pm.


37 comments:

arah said...

6lbs 13oz
19 inches
have you picked out a name yet?

Sheri said...

So I can't remember if you have big babies or not...so i'll guess
8.9
20.5 inches
Good luck!!
I am definantly getting induced next time, there is no way i'll be pushing out a 10 pounder ever again!

Raquel Ruggles said...

8 lbs. 8 ounces.
20.5 inches

Almost just like Cos.
We love you and hopefully we'll get to see you tomorrow.

Chelsy said...

Hmmm, no idea what to go with. I'll take a cue from Raquel since she'd know best. I'll say:

8 lbs. 1 ounce
20 inches

Lindz said...

8.5 lbs.
21 inches

I love you and I hope everything goes great! Can't wait to see pictures of the new little!

Tell Emer I said Happy Birthday!!

Darla said...

Cia!! Good luck. I hope you go natural. Induction sucks!! I'm guessing this one'll be a big one. 9 lbs. 1 oz. 21 inches long (I hope not for you thought). LOVE YOU!

kelsey said...

9lbs 1oz
21 inches

i can't wait to meet the little guy! Well, if he weights as much as i'm guessing...he won't be so little!

kelsey said...

Oops, me and Darla guessed the same! so i will say:
9lbs 2oz
21 inches

Jilly Bean said...

Congratulations and good luck tomorrow. I'll cross my fingers that you start on your own. :)

Monica Mary said...

7 lbs. 13 oz.
20.5 inches

GOOD LUCK!!! Can't wait to hear!

Cadle Clan said...

Good luck Rocia!
Guess....7lbs, 2 oz, 19inches

julie said...

hmmmm....7lbs 14oz 21 inches. ;) i am SOOO excited for you!! i can't wait to see him and find out his name. good luck, and i'll be thinking of you.

Michelle said...

8 lbs. 9 oz, wait Sheri already guesed that. Okay, 8 lbs, 14 oz 20.5 inches long. Should we guess on a name too? :) Can't wait to meet this little one.

Unknown said...

Cia, good luck with the birth. We love you! 7lbs 13 oz. 19 inches

Kera said...

there was no room the day I was scheduled to get induced there if that gives you any hope . . . 9lbs 3oz 21in long.

Good luck! Can't wait to see this little guy.

Stefany said...

8 pounds 3 ounces
20 inches

Good luck Cia!! I'm so excited for you!!!

Walnut said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Walnut said...

10 pounds even

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

Yeah! Good luck and I can't wait to see pictures! 8lbs 2oz. 21 inches.

Amie said...

My mom and I want to guess 8lbs 10oz and 20 3/4 inches.
Good luck!

Josh and Rach said...

7 lbs 4 oz.
17 inches

(rachel green-wally's sister) :)

I just love seeing pictures of your darling kiddies. Good luck with the new baby!

Jilly Bean said...

8lbs 14oz
19.5 in

Just keep thinking happy "open" thoughts....maybe you'll go on your own today!

Lisa said...

Hi Rocia, Good luck with this little guy! Since no one has guessed what I was when I was born, I'll take that one - 7 lbs, 15 oz and 21 inches. Hugs, Lisa Tobin

Mindi said...

7 pounds 11 ounces
19.5 inches

Good luck. Can't wait to meet him.

jordan and maci said...

7lbs6oz21in--good luck little mama:)

Tashina said...

Good luck Cia... my guess is 8lbs 7oz and 20 inches long. Love you!

Kaisa Bailey said...

7 15 1/2
20 3/4
I am SO unique. haha
I have not a clue as to how big he'll be, but I do think he'll have red hair & hoping too.

jocelyn said...

i'm never one to pass up a guessing game! i guess 8lbs 7oz and 19.7 inches. can't wait to hear the results. (and to see him!!)

Rocia said...

no, we do not have a name picked out yet...if you have suggestions for one you can throw that in with your guess too!

Jamie said...

My guess is 8.8, although I wanted to guess 8.2 but it was already taken.

Can't wait to meet the little guy!

Antrobus Fam said...

8lbs 11oz
21 inches

I hope you have him on the 20th. Some great boys were born on that day! (Matt and Hudson) I'm bummed for you that he didn't come on Emersons birthday. Good LucK!

Jen said...

9 lbs. 4 oz. 21 inches. . . ???

Good luck tonight!!!

LaDonna and Ben said...

8lbs. 2 oz., 20 1/2 inches long

Pessoa Fam said...

7 lbs. 10 oz.
20 inches

Good luck!

Walnut said...

good way to get a lot of comments. feel loved.


You should name him Annahardplace.

OATNEAL said...

Interesting how your comment traffic increases when a gift is involved... 15 pounds 12 ounces.

Emerson said...

The results are in:

8lbs 8oz, 21"

And the winner is Auntie Raquel!