today is dad lake's birthday and we wish we were in arizona to celebrate with him. if you haven't met roy, you are missing out. i have yet to meet anybody like him, i know this is where my emerson gets his charisma. he is very talented and we miss his incredible piano playing and non-stop energy. rockwell thanks you for his southpaw and hopes to be as talented as you. happy birthday pops!
7 comments:
Happy Birthday Dad!! Dang, 62 big ones. Just think, with the Lakes longevity you could live another forty years. That's right folks, the Lake line is chuck full of remarkable centurions.
Anyway Pops, I can't tell you how regularly I'm reminded of the valuable insights, principles, and ethics you have taught me over the years. A lot of good has rubbed off on all your kids and you will have, among other things, a legacy of a faithful man with a big heart, a love of your country, and a tremendous generosity. You, my friend have one curious and unique intellect and the great discussions we've had over the years are priceless.
With lifes continuous ups and downs along the way it's certain that in the end the ultimate outcome will be beautiful indeed. Speaking of beautiful, you really hit a grand slam with mom. She's an amazingly consistent example of sacrifice, love, and kindness. We all know how lucky you are - how lucky we all are for that matter.
Anyway, before I get too carried away, just want you to know we love and admire you deeply. Happy 62nd!
Holy Emerson! He sure looks like him in that pic. My dad's birthday is tomorrow. I'll need to go over to Bryan and Renee's and maybe get an old pic of him on my blog. (:
Happy Birthday Roy! We miss you in Sacramento!
I can actually see a little bit of Elliott in him. Mostly Emer though. That's a great picture. Oh, papa Lake!
um, hi there emerson. i love how much they look alike!
Roy - You really are the best! - It was great tp remember the piano 'concerto' you played for all of us. Sure wish you would consider pursuing some form of the piano talent in these "latter years" of our lives! Only you and I know how much this talent means to me - DUH! the piano - what beautiful music you put out! Happy 62nd Birthday!
Love, Sis
I have never seen a young pic of Brother "RoyBoy" Lake. I never noticed how much his kids look like him. I can see Elliott, Emerson, and Megan the most, but all of his kids look a little like him.
Post a Comment