
A generally simple, yet darling craft idea I did last week while watching American Idol. You could really buy all the supplies you needed at Michael's. Your list would include; wooden plaque, craft paint, foam brushes,
modge podge, black acid free card stock, x-
acto knife, tracing paper, and some misc. scrapbook paper(or you could use material as well). To capture my kids silhouettes I took a picture of their profile and uploaded it on my computer. After printing them out in the size I wanted I traced them onto tracing paper and then on to the black card stock. I used my x-
acto knife to cut them out and then
modge podged them onto the the plaques that were all ready with the scrapbook paper attached and edges painted. Ta
da, there you have a really sweet silhouette of your little munchkin.
My poor Emilia's silhouette is really lacking curves as compared to her siblings. They really do portray them though, I love them.
20 comments:
I had one of those done of my silhouettes when I was in kindergarten (not nearly as cute as yours) and it hung in my bedroom all through high school- I loved it. Yours look adorable of course, each one captures them perfectly!
so cute Cia! I'm going to try doing that!
you're hired(:
They're so cute! you're a great artist!
I LOVE it!! I'm gonna do it. Emilia's is adorable by the way. And I love Rock's hair sticking up. So fun Cia.
These remind me of the ones you can get at Disneyland...I love yours and may copy you. Is that okay? have you seen the blog about paper cutting?
papercutting.blogspot.com
She is amazing and does incredible things with paper!
you must have took this from the Thompson Family Blog (youcan find it through my blog). I am making these for Mother's Day for some friends and family. So Julie, Ignore this post!!!
You did a great job on them.
I love it! And I love that it is not the common way of portraying pictures of your kids!Original!
Those silhouettes are fantastic! I'm way impressed. Your kids are precious. Remember when I tried your Grandma Dot's fudge at Christmas? It totally didn't set! I made it while Carter was taking a nap and he woke up crying before it got to the soft ball stage...bummer! Maybe next year. ;)
When I am resurrected and perfect, I want your art skills and a perfect stomach.
i'm obsessed. i just showed them to brady and said..."guess what kids these are?" and he knew right away. it's amazing how you can tell just by looking at a profile!
They look just like them! Good job!
Those are so great! Where do you find the time and energy and clear mind to do all that stuff. You are wonder woman.
uh-huh. That sounds very simple... right.
Bravo Rocia! So cute! I would'nt expect any less from you! I really love the little hair pokeys on rockwells!
They turned out so cute. What a fun idea and I bet your kids will save them forever.
Wow! I love it! You are so full of great ideas. I want to try it, too!
cute idea! I've wanted to do it but wasn't sure how I'd get them to sit long enough to trace their profile. Great idea to just snap a photo and trace. Clever! They look super cute!
I am so envious of your craftiness! You always have the most creative ideas! I might attmept this, but beware because I might be calling you for help!
adorable! Hey I got your message about Cole! So cute. Tell her Hello and congrats for me!
Post a Comment