Monday, January 14, 2008

Laundry Day

I can't possibly think of something I despise more than laundry. Yes, today is laundry day at the Lake house. Blah. If I could choose one household chore to have someone do for me this would be it. There are several reasons I hate it so much:
1. It usually ruins at least two full days of your week, really.
2. It gets dirty the next day and the process starts all over.
3. My idea of clean and dirty is extremely different than my kids and spouse.
4. There is always that last load that you forget about in the washer until you find it a few days later....gross.
5. Maybe the fact that my washer and dryer have been located in our tiny kitchen our entire married life? I do not like hair involved in anything other than where it belongs, and definitely not in my kitchen. barf.
6. My dryer does not stop, it just continues to buzz and dry until you pull the door open.
And yada yada yada......the list goes on and on.
So, in my dream world, my laundry room will someday look like this. I'm sure you are all thinking the same thing.

11 comments:

Jonny said...

you mean your laundry room DOESN'T look like that?

Kaisa Bailey said...

Ditto! I am so feeling your pain.

Michelle said...

I actually like doing laundry. It's one of the few chores you can do while watching a movie. I do hate emptying the dishwasher though...uggghhh.

arah said...

I am with you Rocia...I absolutley HATE doing laundry. I would rather clean the bathroom. It drives me crazy because it never stops, you always have laundry to do. In our new house I will have a laundry room/dungeon. YIPPEE! But maybe someday I can get it to look as nice as the pictures you posted.

Sheri said...

I want to have several sets of washer/dryers someday...and my life would be much better if the hand-me-downs we have weren't older than Tom and I put together....maybe then it wouldnt take 2 hours to dry one load! AHH!
So I feel your pain.

LOR said...

Laundry is the one chore I don't, mind believe it or not. How about I come do your laundry and you can come decorate my house to look as cute as yours!

Stefany said...

I don't mind doing the laundry so much, I just really don't like putting it away! I actually have a laundry room now...it's so nice to have. It's not nice or anything, but it's a room. I went to the Parade of Homes last year and was drooling over some of the laundry rooms (and everything else!). Some even had an extra washer and dryer in the master closet...how nice would that be?
Maybe someday.....but probably not! :)

Anonymous said...

Your laundry room is missing a maid to fold it all.

OATNEAL said...

That's your laundry room if you have 10 kids

Rachael said...

I couldn't agree more - every reason. I completely hate laundry. I'm trying to do it twice a week to make the pain less each time, but it's not helping. It is such an unfulfilling job. Did you mention the wrinkled clothes left in the dryer? It's better than the forgotten load in the washer, but only if it's not full of my t-shirts that now require ironing, a chore just barely worse than laundry itself.

Anonymous said...

currently rotating four loads! Your pics are all so cute!! love the kitchen and chairs