Kaisa, Grandma, and I took our little munchkins to the Folsom walking bridge the other day to get the children out of the house. Good thing Grandma was there to take pictures and prevent the miniature ones from jumping off or running into the street.
Sometimes we take for granted the beauty that is all around us. We grew up only a couple miles from this beautiful river and barely use it anymore, now that we have "wee" ones. Actually, if you could see about 100yds up the river behind us you would be able to see the rock I jumped off of, ruining my back for life. Maybe that is why I haven't returned much.
After the bridge, Kaisa and I decided to take the kids to lunch at Red Robin. Why did we think that was such a great idea? That means six children under the age of five and two emotional adults. They actually did quite well, besides the fact that I spent more than half of the time taking them all to the bathroom. There were several people that stopped at our table and told us how brave we were. Or, in other words, "why in the h--- did you think it was a good idea to bring all those children out to lunch"?
Afterward we drove to the hospital to see Auntie Raquel and baby Cosette. Kaisa and I took turns running in while the smaller children stayed in the van and watched a movie. Oh, the life of a mother.
When all is said and done though...."I love being with my sisters!"
5 comments:
I think you should tell the story of hurting your back now that you have pictures! (and because I've never heard it)
sheri
Oh fun memories of big t! Your kids all look so big! Congrats to Raquel. How fun that you are so close!
Your so lucky to have your sisters live so close. And to be able to see their newborn babies. Some of my sisters haven't even seen Nate. Oh well....soon right!
Don't you love the nasty glares from the non-parent californinans? The best is when your kids behave well and they have to rethink their first impression...probably what happened to you guys!
I love the Thomson girls! Hilarious that you and Kaisa took all those babes out to eat. I don't think anyone could ever think ill of that, especially after seeing how cute all those kids are!
Post a Comment