Lake Family Bible



Maria Dunn Lake & Benjamin Lake 
I love tender mercies. Emerson and I were able to locate the Bible of his great-great-great grandmother & grandfather this year & by some miracle it was given to us. We feel very blessed to have this valuable piece of family history. In old family bibles families kept the records of their families; birth, marriage & death records. I love family history and have been busy since we were married researching Emerson's family history. This was a very important piece of history, as it has the records of his sweet ancestors. In June, I made Emerson take me to Wisconsin to find the graves of some of his family. Here we are in the Omro Cemetery in Omro, Winnebago, Wisconsin @ the graves of his great-great-great grandmother & grandfather, who owned the Bible. The spirit of Elijah was very strong as we searched through the cemetery for their graves and found them. What a special day for the both of us.

I love tender mercies. Emerson and I were able to locate the Bible of his great-great-great grandmother & grandfather this year & by some miracle it was given to us. We feel very blessed to have this valuable piece of family history. In old family bibles families kept the records of their families; birth, marriage & death records. I love family history and have been busy since we were married researching Emerson's family history. This was a very important piece of history, as it has the records of his sweet ancestors. In June, I made Emerson take me to Wisconsin to find the graves of some of his family. Here we are in the Omro Cemetery in Omro, Winnebago, Wisconsin @ the graves of his great-great-great grandmother & grandfather, who owned the Bible. The spirit of Elijah was very strong as we searched through the cemetery for their graves and found them. What a special day for the both of us.


6 comments:
Cia -
Hey, It's Chelsy (McFadyen) Erickson. How great is that...my last name is now Erickson! I found your site through Julie and Brian's. I'm working on getting mine and Rand's up once we get things settled at home and work (I started a new job recently). And I'm waiting to get back some pics from the wedding so I have those to put on.
Anyway...just wanted to say 'hi'! You and your family look absolutely adorable (as always!) I ran into Nate's wife at the social securtiy office last week as we were both there changing our names! Small world! :o)
Oh...and Rand will be finishing up school here in about 2 years, and then we are off to dental school as well! Not sure yet where we'll be (he likes the idea of the mid-west), but really, it depends on where he gets accepted. I'll have to get a hold of you as we get closer to get some advice!
You guys look great! Talk to you later!
Rocia-that is such an awesome story, how did you find the bible? Those are like hitting the mother-load :) take care, your fam is so cute!
Too funny! Chelsy and I used to be in the same ward. What a small little BYU world.
Anyway, just wanted to thank you for your lesson on Sunday--it was so good. Also, I had to chuckle when you said your kids are always frazzled on Sundays--to me they look perfectly groomed and ready for church.
What a neat treasure to have. You are inspiring girl!
sheri
That is so neat! I love collecting old family relics. I have quite the stash back in my parents attic boxed up and waiting to be displayed when we finally get a house... It just makes the connection of past to present more real because you are able to have a tangable object to treasure that was theirs.
That really is a tender mercy. I'm so glad you have the family bible, you are very deserving! Love your blog!
~Michelle
Post a Comment