"KINDERGARTEN BABY, BORN IN THE GRAVY!"








So, the day finally arrived and I am officially the mother of a kindergartner, CRAZY! The morning came and went pretty quickly without any major drama. Julia was dead asleep when I went in to wake her up @ 6:45am. I whispered in her ear, "Julia, it's time to wake up and go to school." The second I said the word "school" she jumped up in a jiff with a smile and hurried to get dressed in her "first day" outfit. She had it all picked out the night before. I asked her what she wanted for breakfast and she chose very healthy, Lucky Charms with a glass of water. She is no Emilia, and only stomachs very little in the morning. I woke especially early hoping she would let me make her Cream of Wheat or Oatmeal like a good mom on the first day of school. Oh well, Emilia will want both on her first day of school. Emerson drove us to school and dropped me and the girls off at the playground while he waited in the car with Rockwell. We took a couple pictures together and Emilia was very upset to leave her sister. We recited the Pledge of Allegiance with the entire school(which consists only of K-2nd graders) and then they stood in line by their teachers to walk to class. Anyway, as parents started off down the stairs to enter into the courtyard and then on to the classroom Julia turned around and said, "Bye Mom!" She ran back to me and gave me a kiss and I asked her, "Don't you want Mom to walk you to class?" She said, "No, thanks." I was a little sad but was very grateful not to have to deal with the drama of saying goodbye to an attached child. That would have killed me. I took Emilia and Rockwell to Noah's bagels afterwards to cheer up Emilia and let her pick out a toy at the store. She was in heaven playing with mom all day.
Julia loved her first day of school. I got choked up a couple of times when I thought of it too much, but decided she was probably having the time of her life. She wanted to make it clear that she went to school everyday of the week. Her only complaint the first day was that Kindergartners don't get to play on the monkey bars. For those of you who don't know my Julia, she LOVES to climb! She'll either get over it or somehow or talk the principle in to giving her special permission to do so(if she is anything like her Dad, she'll have monkey bar rights tomorrow).
P.S. Don't ask me what the title of this entry means, my uncle use to sing it to me when I was in Kindergarten.
4 comments:
oh i LOVE julia!!!!!!! she is soooo dang cute!!! and how fun to be in kindergarten, i LOVED school! (probably half of my motivation for becoming a teacher!!!) we need to hang out soon. byu games, baby shopping, i can't wait, let's do it soon!
Rocia you have a fabulous smile. I was admiring it all night!
She looks SO cute. You have totally made me realize how
Oops, Anyway, you have totally made me realize how far behind I am on my site. I'm definitely going to update it soon! :) Your family is so cute (of course)!! love you guys!
Post a Comment